It's not always easy to wait. Sometimes it takes years or months for some people to get what they want. God always has us put our hope and trust in Him.
Hi, my name is Shalia, and I am sharing how God is working through me while I am waiting for my future husband, even though we aren't together yet. That is okay, because I am still learning, waiting, and growing! My heart is to share with all the single ladies and young girls who are waiting for their future husband. A little bit about me: I am from Maui, Hawaii, and moved to Alberta, Canada, in 2012. My parents got divorced in 2011, and then we moved to Alberta. My mom has family here, and I had to start all over. I enjoy music (playing my violin and listening to music), I love arts and crafts, I love playing games, I love hanging out with my friends, and I enjoy kayaking. I recently did my first-ever 5k Mudgirl race, and I enjoyed that so much!
God kept me close to Him, but my relationship with God was not that strong yet. I had difficulties in junior high up to college with situations with peers, boys, and my career. God, above all, knew what He was doing with me.
In 2023, God called me higher to Him. He was pulling me out of that lukewarm Christian girl into a woman of God in His kingdom. My life has forever changed. The Lord showed me who my future husband was, and I learned to follow in His plans for me with this man. This man, I have been praying for my whole life. I went through a series of trials and healings to get to where I am with God. God is planning something with me and this man. To begin this story, the Lord revealed my future husband to me first. Honestly, I wish I knew how to handle it back then the way I know how to handle it now.
The number one question: How can I tell if this man is my future husband? First of all, pray, seek, and get wisdom. I wish I knew about this in the first place. No one at my church taught me that, or even my family. I learned on my own. The number one rule if the Lord ever gives you a promise: Ensure you tell someone you trust! Don't just go around telling people. Keep it close to your heart. Ponder this promise! Trust me, it ain't easy. God was with me, and I learned it all. Second, look for their fruits; look at how he has been treating you. In December of 2025, I actually gave up on this man God is still calling me to be with. Currently, yes, I am still waiting for this man. My life was miserable after giving up on this man. I saw my life with him drift away. At the beginning of this year, 2026, we had a gathering of young adults. We were playing a game. Never will I ever forget that moment I had with him. He approached me, and the first thing he did was stare into my eyes. I felt at peace and so calm, and even safe, that I regret leaving him and the future God was preparing for us.
The third thing to look for if this man is your future husband is whether there is peace/confirmation (whether it's from a counselor/pastor, friend you trust, or anything from God) between you and him. As months went by in 2026, I kept trying so hard to let go of him and move on because nothing was ever happening between me and this man. There had been situations in the months. At one point, I did scare him off, and I ended up being miserable for weeks because of what happened. I am not going to go into so many details, but for now I'll share how I knew it was me and this man. I had a few dreams where God was showing me that my future husband had to leave me to work on things for himself. There was a moment where God brought us back, and I was beginning to feel so much peace. I even started feeling this invisible magnetic pull between me, him, and God. God did not want us to ever let go of each other.
Honestly, it was difficult for me, but I had strength from God. The worst part, I lost some good friends. I even had friends betray me and hurt me so much. I even had some friends who became friends with my sister and told on me to my mom. Things got so chaotic during those months. I noticed how God was giving me peace in the midst of those circumstances. My future husband was learning to humble himself and forgive me for what I did in the past. Some things have happened. There was one day when God told me that the reason I was feeling at peace between my future husband and me is that he was forgiving me and accepting me. Have there been more days when I wanted to give up? Yes!
God still has me holding onto this man for a reason. There is something big and personal with me and this man from God. Every day the enemy attacks me because he is scared that I am getting closer to God and to the promise. The enemy doesn't like that. John 10:10 (NIV) says, "The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life to the full." This future husband is a promise that my heart will always treasure.
There are a lot of us ladies who are waiting for the right man of our dreams. I want to encourage you to never give up. Pray, seek, and get wisdom from wise counsel/pastors/mentors or a trusted friend/family member. God is always with us. Romans 8:28 has been my favorite scripture lately: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (NIV).
Just know that if you are still waiting, God will still bring your promises to you. He is a loving Father, and He cares for His sheep. Boy, o boy, do I love waiting. I have my good days and bad days. I am learning and growing.
Thank you for reading,
God bless,
Shalia Grace